Install/Repair sump pumps
Video Pipe Assessment
Cabling & Cleaning
Gas line install and leak repair
Water Filtration Systems
Install/Repair of all plumbing fixtures
Install/Repair garbage disposal
Install/Repair of water heaters: Tankless or Traditional
Imagine your beautiful St. Louis home or business and all the hard work you had to accomplish in order to make it perfect. Now imagine leaking pipes and water damage ruining all of that. Leaky pipes and faulty plumbing can easily cause extensive damage. Don’t let water ruin your home or business. Our team has the solutions!
Rather you have a toilet running, a shower with low pressure, or no hot water; Pipe Solutions can be that trusty plumber for you. In most cases, we have same day and/or next day service available for when those pesky plumbing arise.
Pipe Solutions doesn’t just service residential plumbing. We can also make repairs and install piping, fixtures, drains, and much more in any commercial or industrial building
How to keep your home’s plumbing running smoothly
1) Flush your water heater
-Turn off the water heater
-Turn cold water valve off
-Let the water cool
-Attach a garden hose to the drain valve on the side of the water heater
-Place the end of the hose in a drain
-Turn on a faucet or 2 to prevent a vacuum forming within your pipes
-Start draining the tank by turning the drain valve
-After the water heater tank has finished draining the sediment, turn the drain valve off, remove the hose, turn the cold water valve on, and turn the heating elements in the water heater back on
2) Clean shower heads
Fill a Ziploc bag with 1 part vinegar and 1 part hot water. Wrap the bag around the shower head let the showerhead soak for about 30 minutes. Wash off any excess residue and rinse with hot water.
3) Clean out hair from sink and tub drains
Keep a drain hair snake on hand at all times! Especially if you have girls with long hair or puppies that get baths inside.
4) Only flush what can be flushed!
”Flushable” wipes or kitty liter should NOT enter the sewage system! This is false advertisement and will end up costing you a pretty penny in the long run.
Why do my drains keep backing up?
Occasional back ups in the home happen to everyone. But if your home is backing up on a regular basis, there are some underlying issues that need to be addressed before the small backup turns into a large expensive mess!
Possibly causes for your back ups
1) Buildup in drains– food, grease, hair, paper goods, etc.
2) Poorly sized waste pipes– usually in older homes that have been remodeled
3) Poor pipe design– The pipes are not angled correctly or the wrong material could have been used
4) Tree Roots– That big gorgeous tree might be growing right into your sewer pipe.
5) Poor venting– If the vent pipe is damaged, restricted, or undersized this can cause damage as well
How to prevent or correct back ups
1) Buildup in drains– don’t pour grease down your drains, only flush toilet paper, clear hair from sink and tub drains monthly
2) Have a sewer camera inspection completed to verify how pipes are functioning or if there are any objects blocking the flow
3) Pipe Solutions can camera your lines, clear your lines, and even line your sewer pipes if necessary!