A home warranty is a contract that agrees to provide a homeowner with discounted repair and replacement services. Pipe Solutions works with HSA Home Warranty as well as American Home Shield.
If you own a home, or hope to do so soon, a home warranty can offer protection against the cost of unexpected repairs. There are several types of warranty plans out there. Moreover, reading the fine print to find out your coverage is important. If you don’t see an item on your coverage list that you have in your home, ask about their Add-ons. Most warranty companies have Add-ons available to purchase.
Money Money Money
In addition to annual premiums that can rage from $300-$1000, if you file a claim, you’ll also have to pay a service fee for a technician to come to your home and assess the problem. Even if the warranty company ends up denying your claim, the price will depend on your policy. Fees generally run between $75 and $150 per visit. Pipe Solutions does not accept your service fee as this will only be collected by your warranty company. In the event that your warranty company does deny a portion of the work, then Pipe Solutions will collect “Out Of Pocket” Costs.
Pros of Home Warranty Policies
Convenience: You have a middle man searching for service technicians or referrals
Cost Savings: In most cases, your service fee covers your repairs or replacements
Transferability: If you purchase a home with a home warranty plan, in most cases, the plan will transfer to the new homeowner.
(Tip: Always check your coverage details before you make a final decision)
What to expect when expecting Pipe Solutions!
You filed a claim through your home warranty, now what?
Scheduling your appointment
1) Pipe Solutions will receive your work order from your warranty company
2) A member of our office staff will call you to gather additional details about the plumbing problems you are having
3) Together, you and a member of our team will schedule your appointment for a time that is convenient for you. We will also give you a 2 hour window of arrival so you don’t have to wait for us all day! Please note, our scheduling times are Monday-Friday.
4) Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a text message with your scheduled time along with a picture of your plumber for your piece of mind.
Before the plumber comes out
1) Please have the work space cleaned and accessible for the plumber. We ask that you make a pathway in your basement, or clean out under your sink where the plumber will be working.
2) We love all animals, but we do ask that aggressive pets be put away during our visit.
The plumber is on his way!
Watch your phone, you will be receiving a text from your plumber letting you know he is on his way.
Your Plumber has Arrived!
1) Your plumber will arrive with a smile on his face, ready to get started!
2) The plumber will go over the plumbing problems you are having and any concerns you might have.
3) Time to get to work! We have found the issue and need to make repairs. While in most cases the plumber can make simple repairs on the spot, in some situations, we will have to get approval from your warranty company before we can complete the job. Whatever the case may be, Pipe Solutions and your warranty company will keep in touch with you, so you stay in the loop!
*4) While your plumber is on site, they will be taking before, during, and after pictures of the work being completed.
-PLEASE NOTE: No personal information or photos of your family will be taken or shared. We always have and always will respect your privacy.
5) Your appointment is complete, and the tech is walking out the door.
*If a follow up appointment is needed: A member of our staff will call you to schedule for the earliest date possible.
*If work is completed same day: You’re all done!
Once your Plumber leaves
Your home warranty company and Pipe Solutions will each send out a survey asking how we did. Pipe Solutions ALWAYS strives for 5-Star service, so if there is anything we can do to make sure that happens, please let the plumber know before he leaves or feel free to contact our office. Our staff is always there to help and assist our fantastic customers!
Your home warranty company and Pipe Solutions will send you a survey asking how we did as a company and how they did as a company. Please be advised, that Pipe Solutions has no control over your policy or coverage with your warranty company.